Company History

The company is still a baby. Conceived from the idea that technology should be used to make life more convenient. We all know there are 2 types of innovation; making things smaller with more features or completely redefining the product. For a long time now, the assistive technology field has relied on the former. As technology has improved exponentially over the last decade, we feel now is the perfect time to completely renew the way we see and use assistive technology. Attending the Hackability Hackathon has given us an opportunity to move forward on one of several ideas to improve others' quality of living.

some cool cat picture

The Team

Meet the people behind the curtain. We came together as friends who learned to develop together and share a passion for changing the world.

Andrew Li

Andrew Li

Full Stack Software Developer

Long before I realized my passion for software and hardware development, I was specializing in biology at the University of Toronto. This background has expanded my knowledge of human physiology, allowing me to better conceptualize innovative solutions for assistive technologies.

Klejda Nuro

Klejda Nuro

Full Stack Software Developer

After studying Cognitive Science, Math, and Linguistics at the University of Toronto I became passionate about integrating research, logic, and creativity to produce innovative technologies.

Aeyon Ahmad

Aeyon Ahmad

Full Stack Software Developer

Having studied electrical engineering, I am able to connect my passion for software development with my hardware expertise to give reality to our products.

Andrew Tarras

Andrew Tarras

Full Stack Software Developer

Studied Biomedical Computing at Queens University before graduating at Seneca in computer programming. My passions have always invoved utilizing computing to solve medical complications.

Full Cool Cats Blog

Take a Look at some of the awesome stuff we have been doing. Here we document our development process and keep you all up to date on all the cool things us cats do.

Hackability Meeting

Attended the Hackability meeting

Sept 21, 2017

This was the initial hackability learning session. We saw some inspirational videos, learned all about the upcoming hackaton we are participating in and met some experts in the field. This is where the idea for sonacles as well as a secret upcoming project was decided. If you are interested the hackability website can be found here.

Group Accepted

Hackability Group Accepted

Oct 24, 2017

We just got accepted to group of projects that can participate in the hackability competition. It is time to set up and compete with skilled groups who will stop at nothing to win!

Talked to advisor

Called Advisor And Began To Plan

Oct 30, 2017

Today is the first official day of planning. The cool cats assembled and after contacting our hackability advisor we got to work on design and implementation. After doing a LOT of research, we decided on what parts we would need and what we could do in the time left to get a working prototype.

Parts Arrived

Parts Arrived

Nov 15, 2017

After paitenly waiting for delivery, the parts we need for a very early prototype have arrived. With less than 2 weeks to the presentation date, we need to get the cats together and put in as much work as we can.

Parts Testing

Nov 17, 2017

After Some initial testing and tinkering, we got an LED to turn on when a mic detects noise.

More Work (Testing With The Vibration Module)

November 17, 2017

Now that we know the mic works, we were able to play music into the mic and have it convert it to vibration which is heard pretty well through the wooden table.

Testing With Music

Nov 18, 2017

Not satisfied with the quality of the audio on the vibration, we decided to take out the low quality (to save prototyping cost) mic and try testing the output with loading music on the board. After processing the audio a bit on the software side and even testing it on our heads, we were satisfied with the quality. We quickly realized we would need to work on the software to process the audio coming in as well as get a higher quality microphone.

Testing Mic to Vibration

Testing Mic to Vibration

Nov 22, 2017

After testing our parts individually, we went ahead and put together our components: the mic with the vibration module. We had to tinker with the code but a static sound persisted.

Testing Mic to Vibration

Resistor Solution

Nov 24, 2017

With a lot of trial and error and some research we discovered that the static sound was due to too much current going to the mic. So we added a "train" of resistors to reduce the current. It worked! The sound quality was to our liking.

Working Prototype

Assembling the Glasses

Nov 28, 2017

After we were satisfied with the quality of sound coming from the vibration module, we soldered the last parts together and assembled our prototype glasses.

We Try To Update This Site As Much As We Can

Let us know how we are doing!